In May 2014, Portable Talks brought digital health pioneer Dr. Nate Gross to Australia for the first time. A seasoned health entrepreneur and advocate, Gross discussed his experiences in co-founding funding incubator Rock Health and medical networking platform Doximity.
Nate’s presentation covered on a range of topics within the global digital health movement, including;
- Trends in digital health and new directions emerging from the Rock Health Alumni and the thousands of applications the seed fund receives annually
- Innovating in heavily regulated industries,
- Barriers to health tech innovation and tips for overcoming them
- Medical communication, mobile technology and social media,
- Lessons in innovation from Silicon Valley
- Tactical tips and advice for healthcare entrepreneurs and those entering the healthcare vertical
- Breaking down barriers to entrepreneurship and communication in healthcare
- Venture capital funding in healthcare.
With talks presented in Melbourne and Sydney, audiences comprised medical and health practitioners, innovators and researchers, as well as government and corporate organisations. Nate’s presentation drew rave reviews from the crowd, who left feeling motivated to nourish Australia’s own digital health landscape and better aware of the opportunities that exist in this space. View a gallery of images from the tour here.
Learn more about Nate’s work at http://nategross.com/